Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Flight of the Butterfly

So this is another stamp set I requested in my starter kit and I have to say, once again - I LOVE IT!!! I really really like the little butterfly and the big butterfly and the floral butterfly and the spotty butterfly and the outline butterfly...actually - I like ALL of it! And as you'll see in this post I've used it quite a bit already...

This card was an adaption from a card of Kirsty Brown's (yes, AGAIN) that I actually made at a class last year by the fabulous Sarah Ven den Berg This one is no where near as stunning as the original but I'm still pretty happy with the end result!

CS: Kiwi Kiss, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Whisper White

Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum

Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Flight of the Butterfly, Best Yet (hostess set)

Accessories: Kiwi Kiss grosgrain ribbon, Pink Pirouette button, twine, Eyelet Border punch, Dazzling Diamonds


So while I had Flight of the Butterfly out I thought I should have a go at doing something with some different colour combo's...and this is what happened!


So not necessarily one of my favourites and still very similar to the layout of the first but different enough that I could feel I'd stepped outside my normally boundaries?

CS: Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Whisper White

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery

Stamps: Thoughts And Prayers, Flight of the Butterfly

Accessories: corner rounder punch, paper piercer, Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon


And last but not least, this card...


I actually really like this one - though I'm not sure if its just because I LOVE Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze together. I've used White Stazon stamped onto acetate for the top layer of the butterfly and was cursing because I really really needed the butterfly punch (you may notice there is no outline on the spotty butterfly image - so I was literally cutting it blind!) and I really like the effect though you may not be able to pick it up in the photo?
Again, I've used that lovely leaf image from Petal Pizzaz with versa mark on the Baja Breeze CS as well as on the Whisper White panel.

CS: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White

Ink: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss

Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly, Petal Pizzaz

Accessories: Paper Piercer, Kiwi Kiss Grosgrain Ribbon

Thanks so much for stopping by!! xxx

1 comment:

Just ME said...

You need the butterfly punch....
(and i don't say that because it looks like you do - just for ease. You have very neat cutting!)
I really love all of the cards here though, in particular the blue and chocolate.
I was just looking at the butterflies set in the summer mini - how cute are they?!?! - can't justify more butterflies when I have the great friend set and don't really stamp that much!!