Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Petal Pizzaz





So this is a creation I whipped up when I recieved the fabulous Petal Pizzaz stamp set in my Stampin' Up! Starter Kit...loving this stamp set. I love the big bold images and especially the leaf stamp (as you'll see - I've used this leaf stamp in lots of my cards!).
Its a Kiwi Kiss base with a layer of distressed Pink Pirouette and a layer of distressed Riding Hood Red with the different flowers from the set layered on top of each other. I've used some small strips of Pink Pirouette rolled around a pencil and the twisty bits and stamped my sentiment in white, finished with a little bit of paper piercing (another of my all-time favourite techniques!)
I've also shown you a shot of the inside of the card - a little finishing touch I picked up from Teneale Williams who makes her card inners just as amazing as her card outers! Mine might not be quite as elaborate or pretty but I still like the effect...xxx

No comments: