Sunday, May 23, 2010

More Circle Circus







Another card using Circle Circus - on the background stamped in versamark. I AM happy with the effect but these two particular stamp images don't fit quite perfectly together - but hey, that's ok isn't it??? :)



I tried a new type of flower - a tutorial for it can be found here on Betsy Veldman's blog (doesn't that name just sound like craft/homemaking/sewing/sugar and spice and all things nice!!! Well, her blog is AMAZING!!! Check it out!) I love it and can't wait to try it in material and other mediums like Betsy's done. My favourite thing on this card is the fact that I've actually threaded the button on to the cardstock rather than just tying the bow on the button and then using glue dots or Pritt to stick the button to the cardstock. This time I actually punched two small holes in the centre of my base cardstock and threaded the twine up through those and then through the button, so when I tied the knot it actually pulled the button closer to the flower?? Does that make sense?? I got this button threading idea from Betsy as well. It just makes the button sit so much more flush with where its being placed rather then bobbing up a little bit and being skew-iff (if you look at the button's on my Chipboard Gift Bag you might notice these button's aren't sitting quite right - that's because the twine underneath the button stops the button from sitting flat. Get it?)


Anyway!!!!


So I have some blog candy for you (something new for me too!!!) The first person who can email me (you'll find my email address on the side bar to the right) and tell me how many times I've used the word BUTTON in this entire post will get a pack of Stampin' Up! buttons (either the Button Bouquet or Button Latte set which can be found on page 151 of the catalogue!) So good luck to you all!!!! hehehehe
(Would it be ok if only non-demonstrator's participated in this little challenge - that way we can spread the Stampin' Up! love around...:o)

Thanks so much for stopping by and PLEASE come again soon!!!


Smiles


Adele xxx

3 comments:

PinkPoppyPoppet said...

buttons!! did you say buttons!!
this is one of my fav cards that you have made. You MUST teach me how to make that flower, pleeeaassseee
oxox

Anonymous said...

Hi Adele!
I love this card, so simple but just so pretty! Loving that flower!
Kirsty

Liam said...

Love the flower. I have to say I always said I was going to try this technique and never really had the chance you have inspired me.

Liam