Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Eye Candy


I'm back - AGAIN!!!! Hope you're not getting too annoyed?!? :) Thought I should start posting some of the cards I made over the weekend. This first one is made using Cheep Talk (a stamping friend and I did a Stamp swap this week where she chose some stamps sets I own that she doesnt and has taken them, and I have taken stamps of hers that I don't own - so in that way we can have a little play while still saving up to purchase the stamps the we MUST have - because of course, our wishlist never gets shorter!!! hehehe. So this is one of the stamp sets that I borrowed - LOVE IT!)

I made 2 of these cards while I had stuff out - on the second card I used a sentiment from the Level 1 Hostess Set in the mini catalogue called Picture This - saying 'to a perfect pear' but instead of pear it has a picture of a pear! Very cute!!! Sorry I forgot to take a photo of that one...

CS: Soft Suede, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
Ink: Soft Suede, Kiwi Kiss
Stamp Set: Cheep Talk
Other: Soft Suede Polka Dot Ribbon, Kiwi Kiss DSP Paper, Kiwi Kiss Button, Old Olive Marker, Paper Piercer, Crystal Effects










This next card I actually made as thank you notes for some ladies at my son's kindy - when we were there for pick up last week my 2nd son threw up copious amounts of sick all over the entrance pathway!!! It was disgusting and didn't seem to stop! Some of the other mothers were so lovely and offered to clean everything up (which they did) and let me just deal with cleaning up my sick child - I was so so grateful! So I wanted to give a littel thank you note to express that - it probably didn't mean much to them, they were so happy to help, but cleaning up other people's vomit calls for a lot of thank you's don't you think!!!! hehehehe (I did buy a little chocolate to go along with each of the thank you notes, but after searching for some very quiet children this morning I found them (the kids) sitting on the couch very calmly and non-sheepishly EATING the chocolate!!!! So for now I guess its just a thank you card!!!)

I love this little sheep image! Its from the stamp set in the Idea & Catalogue book called Pun Fun - and is full of gorgeous images with quirky little sayings underneath - very very cute!


CS: Riding Hood Red, Watercolour Paper, Soft Suede
Ink: Black Stazon, Riding Hood Red, Soft Suede
Other: Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon, Paper Piercer, Sponges, Eyelet Border Punch, Watercolour Pens, Creamy Caramel Marker

Thanks for coming and make sure you come back again tomorrow for some more cards!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Smiles

Adele xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love them both Adele!!

Abby said...

I love them they're so cute!! I'm going to have to call Stella and stamp swap, it must feel fun and fresh! :)

Anonymous said...

oh yeah - cleaning up other people's kids vomit calls for loads of thank yous!! naughty children eating the chocolate!!

I must admit, for someone who loves making cards I am notoriously bad at giving them - I must work on that!