Friday, October 8, 2010

A 'Marelle' CASE

This is a second card we made at our Technique Class last week and I have to say my ultimate favourite!!!! When I saw this card on Marelle Taylor's site it was one of the jaw-dropping moments - I thought it was STUNNING and have wanted to try it myself. I didn't have the same colours Marelle has used and my first attempt wasn't none to pretty (!!!!!) but then my sister (thank you!!!!) suggested trying it in Baja Breeze and it just flowed from there...



So you start with a piece of Whisper White cardstock onto which I've rolled the Very Vintage Jumbo wheel in Sahara Sand (would probably have used Crumb Cake but I don't have that ink pad yet. YET!!!!! :), then stamped the flourish from Vintage Vogue in Soft Suede twice before re-inking to get the softer brown as well as the darker image. Then, you stamp the GORGEOUS Medallion image in Versamark where you want it, cover in Clear Embossing powder and heat set. Once you've done this you use your brayer to smoosh the colour all over the piece of Whisper White making sure you go over the details of the Medallion so it really stands out. Then grab a tissue, or soft cloth or toilet paper as in my case :) and wipe the excess ink of your embossed image - and there you have it! Isn't it stunning! I think so! But then again so are most of Marelle's incredible idea's!

I've mounted the original piece of Whisper White onto another piece of Whisper White, mounted that onto a small mount of Crumb Cake and then have run that ruffled ribbon up the side.

And there you have it. A beautiful card for any occasion. I have already used this one and am anxious to make another so I can just look at it!!! hehehee

Thanks for stopping by, come again soon!

Smiles

Adele xxx

4 comments:

Patrice said...

Lovely! I haven't got the medallion but I've seen some incredible cards made with it.

Anonymous said...

Adele, discovered you blog it's beautiful. This card is gorgeous. I have no idea what your talking about but it all sounds so edible and scrumptious yummy! Ali Wolff

About Me said...

heheheh Ali - don't worry - I don't know what I'm talking about either!!! Smooshing???? heheheh Very technical language! Thanks for stopping by and come and soon!!! xxx

Abby said...

So very cranky I didn't come to your technique class!!! These are amazing, and I would LOVE to learn these techniques - looking forward to your next!! xo