Wednesday, June 8, 2011

So its my Dad's 60th birthday in a couple of weeks and my older sister and her family (5 daughters and husband) are all driving up from NSW for the celebrations. We have some fun things planned between the 3 of us (my older & younger sister) and one of these is a party! Of course - who can celebrate turning 60 without a party!!!!

We're really excited about what we've chosen to do - we're basing it all on a fav story of ours from our dad's childhood - Dad used to love playing cowboys and indians and one day they decided to actually tie someone to the stake!!!! So - they got a victim all tied up and proceeded to light a fire to burn the baddie - to cut a long story short, the baddie got away but the garage didn't survive?? Dad burnt down grandad's shed!!!!!

We loved Dad telling us this story - its always been a family favourite. And since I actually currently live in my grandparents house where said shed used to exist we'll be holding the party here in the existing shed/garage! And we're having a Western theme - complete with a cardboard cowboy city and a teepee and stake all set up. We're going to have lots of fun games for the gazillions of grandkids that will be running around and some yummy yummy food.

Anyway - so invitations needed to go out to the friends we're inviting - and this is what I came up with. I was looking for the old 'Wanted' stamp set or anything 'Western' I could get my hands on, but in the end decided to just use what I had on hand - the Medallion stamp, the Sanded background stamp and the lovely Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder. I think it kind of all worked together fairly well - looks a bit like a pirate map to me, but hopefully its suggestive enough of old world roughness....





I've stuck a magnet on the back so they can be popped onto the fridge if wanted, and of course decorated the envelopes which you can just see in the background.

Love love love how versatile our stamps and inks and embossing folders are....just awesome!

Thanks for bearing with me through such a long post...

Smiles

Adele xxx

Paper: Naturals Ivory, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Peach Parfait
Stamps: Medallion, Sanded,
Other: Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Twine, Sponging,

3 comments:

Patrice said...

Fabulous story! How fitting that you are holding this milestone birthday celebration back at the 'scene of the crime'. Can't wait to see some pics.

Love the invitation you've come up with!

Sandra Azzopardi said...

What a fantastic story! And so nice of you to not let him forget it either ;P LOL The invites look fantastic. I can't wait to here how it all goes.

Christine Blain said...

LOVE the invitations, and the story behind the theme of the party. I can almost hear the laughter and frivolity from here already. Hope you have a ball. The invites are a true Adele work of art!